The Research & Innovation Center of the UH Harrington Heart & Vascular Institute was established in 2006 in affiliation with the Case Cardiovascular Research Institute to foster discoveries in cardiovascular disease, therapies and technologies. Our physician-scientists are at the forefront of translating cardiovascular discoveries into improved patient care.
- 70 faculty, fellows and staff conducting cardiovascular research with committed federally funded research exceeding $32 million
- Over 90 human clinical trials, following more than 3,000 enrolled patients, investigating novel therapies for heart failure, arrhythmia, coronary and peripheral arterial disease
- A nationally recognized adult, nonembryonic, stem cell research center and leader of the Ohio Cell-based Therapy Consortium
- One of the most comprehensive cardiovascular imaging programs in the nation with state-of-the-art nuclear medicine, MRI, CT, vascular, cardiac catheterization and electrophysiology laboratories, including the novel Stereotaxis, NOGA and robotic 3-D navigation systems
- World’s premier program in optical coherence tomography (OCT), a novel vascular imaging technology that provides micron-scale images of the coronary arteries
- One of the largest calcium score preventive and therapeutic programs in the nation
- One of a select number of sites nationally exploring expanded indications for transcatheter aortic valve replacement (TAVR)
- The first multidisciplinary Immuno-Cardiovascular Center for Cellular Diagnosis dedicated to discovery of novel immunological and cellular mechanisms of heart and vascular diseases
- Leading worldwide clinical investigations of CardioKinetix’s first-of-its-kind catheter-based Parachute™ Ventricular Partitioning Device, a percutaneous ventricular restoration (PVR) therapy technology for patients with ischemic heart failure
- International programs to eradicate rheumatic heart disease in underdeveloped countries
- Participate in international network of leading academic medical centers including Europe, Asia, Japan, Africa and South America dedicated to expanding the frontiers of new technologies and therapies
For more information on active clinical trials, contact Stacey Mazzurco, RN, Clinical Research Director, at 216-844-3130 or Stacey.Mazzurco@UHhospitals.org.