High-Risk Lung Surgery - View Full PDF
Philip Linden, MD (cell 216-392-5282)
Jason Robke, MD; Christopher Towe, MD; Luis Argote-Greene, MD; Yaron Perry, MD; Mitchell Machtay, MD; Tithi Biswas, MD; Jordan Kazakov, MD
Dominique Wheatley, RN (216-844-0065)
Please call 216-844-0065.
For hospital transfers, please call 216-844-1111.
- Lung cancer
- Indeterminate lung nodule
- Lung cancer in the elderly and in patients with end-stage emphysema
- Airway strictures and cancer
- VATS (video-assisted thoracic surgery) lobectomy
- VATS sublobar resection for patients with severe emphysema
- Endoscopic therapies, including laser, argon beam and stenting for airway strictures
- Advanced noninvasive diagnostic modalities, including EBUS (endobronchial ultrasound) and navigation bronchoscopy
- Multidisciplinary care, including interventional pulmonologists, minimally invasive surgeons, radiation oncologists and medical oncologists
- Peri-operative lobectomy mortality rate of just 0.22 percent, one-fifth the national average for tertiary care hospitals
About UH Cleveland Medical Center
At the core of University Hospitals’ $4 billion health system is UH Cleveland Medical Center, ranked among America’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. UH Cleveland Medical Center is home to some of the most prestigious clinical and research programs in the nation, including cancer, pediatrics, women’s health, orthopedics, radiology, neuroscience, cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, digestive health, transplantation and genetics. Its main campus includes UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the nation; UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital, Ohio’s only hospital for women; and UH Seidman Cancer Center, part of the NCI-designated Case Comprehensive Cancer Center at Case Western Reserve University.