Genetics and Metabolism Program - View Full PDF
Center for Human Genetics Laboratory
Shawn E. McCandless, MD (cell 216-534-3219)
Jirair Bedoyan, MD, PhD; Suzanne DeBrosse, MD; Laura L. Konczal, MD; Anna Mitchell, MD, PhD; Goutham Narla, MD, PhD; Aditi Parikh, MD; Anthony Wynshaw-Boris, MD, PhD; Arthur Zinn, MD, PhD
Please call Ebony Drewery at 216-844-3936, option 2.
For hospital transfers, please call 216-844-1111.
Special Expertise in the Diagnosis and Management of:
- The genetic basis of cancer
- Inborn errors of metabolism and newborn screening disorders
- Neurological and neurodevelopmental disorders caused by genetic defects
- Undiagnosed diseases
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Marfan syndrome and connective tissue disorders
- Mitochondrial diseases
- Enzyme replacement therapies
- Newest genetic and genomic diagnostic tools
- Largest team of metabolic specialists in Ohio
- Cancer genetics services provided in coordination with UH Seidman Cancer Center and Case Comprehensive Cancer Center
- Leading-edge diagnostic and treatment technologies provided by leaders in the field
- Personal attention to patient and family needs (personalized medicine that focuses on the person)
- Largest clinical genetics team in Ohio, with experts in all major areas of clinical genetics
- Access to clinical trials of new therapies for genetic disorder
About UH Cleveland Medical Center
At the core of University Hospitals’ $4 billion health system is UH Cleveland Medical Center, ranked among America’s best hospitals by U.S. News & World Report. UH Cleveland Medical Center is home to some of the most prestigious clinical and research programs in the nation, including cancer, pediatrics, women’s health, orthopedics, radiology, neuroscience, cardiology and cardiovascular surgery, digestive health, transplantation and genetics. Its main campus includes UH Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital, ranked among the top children’s hospitals in the nation; UH MacDonald Women’s Hospital, Ohio’s only hospital for women; and UH Seidman Cancer Center, part of the NCI-designated Case Comprehensive Cancer Center at Case Western Reserve University.